HomeHome  OFFICIAL WEBSITEOFFICIAL WEBSITE  TACTICS 101TACTICS 101  CalendarCalendar  SearchSearch      FLORIDA TEAMSFLORIDA TEAMS  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  AIRSOFT INTL MAGAZINEAIRSOFT INTL MAGAZINE  MemberlistMemberlist  TECH TALKTECH TALK  Portal  Airsofters Chat LIVEAirsofters Chat LIVE  GalleryGallery      UsergroupsUsergroups  PREVIOUS GAMESPREVIOUS GAMES  
NEW GAMES COMING FOR 2016. PM ADMIN FOR GAME INFO AND LOCATIONS. YOU CAN ALSO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FIREZONE TACTICAL
COMING EVENTS
Nov 6
The Wasteland II

May 28
DV8-Memorial Day Game

May 29
Operation Wounded Eagle

June 5-6
End of Days (Ex Pd Game)

Latest topics
» Ghost Legion
Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:04 pm by ninja

» Active Recruiting
Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:04 pm by ninja

» Team Phalanx Airsoft NOW RECRUITING
Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:43 pm by ninja

» OPERATION REAPER-WAREHOUSE CQB
Thu May 17, 2012 2:40 pm by Steve-o

» MAC 11 RIG SETUP
Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:56 pm by admin-AirborneShar

Poll
GUN OF THE MONTH PRIZE
1.Echo1 ScarL by Shwell
19%
 19% [ 7 ]
2.GG DST XL by HoldenV
6%
 6% [ 2 ]
3.CA C3SG1 by Fireman
19%
 19% [ 7 ]
4.M4 Tactical by Geebs_NRG
19%
 19% [ 7 ]
5.CAM15A3 by Sharky
6%
 6% [ 2 ]
6.Systema PTWMax by JDizzle
25%
 25% [ 9 ]
7. H&K21 LMG by Slinkey
6%
 6% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 36
PIMP YOUR AEG
Congrats to this month winner,JDizzlle !
get ready for next months prize and category coming soon
 vote  here  for GUN OF THE MONTH or to enter your AEG into the contest. prize will be given to 1st place AEG.
AEG ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 6/5/10
http://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/gp_sa_15.jpg
WINNING AEG PRIZE
BRAND NEW S&W C02 M&P 40 LICENSED
WITH ADVANCED BAXS ACCURACY SHOOTING SYSTEM
SPONSORED BY AIRSOFT RELOADED
AND FIREZONE(retail value $75)

Affiliates

http://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/32891111.jpg

http://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/masada14.jpg

http://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/th_war10.jpg

http://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/th_scr11.png

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 32 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:15 pm
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
LINKS

Share | 

BEAST WORK SCHEDULE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
admin-AirborneShar
GENERAL
GENERAL

PostSubject: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:15 am

OK GUYS,
lets have a list of what we are going to be doing with the BEAST this coming week.
WE WANT THIS THING RUNNING FOR FT PIERCE GAME RIGHT?
everyone post here what they can do, donate, help, ideas and such to make it better.
I know that the 1 and 2 on the list are the most urgent.
I will make a work area in my garage so we can all comfortably come and work on it, tedder sharky and eric I will give u guys a key I dont have to be home to get it done.
lets get this train moving.

FIRST STAGE
1. wiring.
2. batts (new? refurbished? same?) dunoo
3. wheel (esp right turn) - oil gear box
4. connections, lube, axel, pivots, GREASE ALL

SECOND STAGE
1.clean fiberglass, aceton surface for paint.
2.build cabin
3.paint - multicam? grapite?
4. go around bumper for guys in back?(for their legs)
5.fog lights????
6... dont be shy give us more ideas guys

Last edited by admin-AirborneShar on Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sites.google.com/site/sharsworldofairsoft/
Geist
ADMIRAL - NAVAL OPERATIONS

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:24 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geist

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:26 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tedder1
GENERAL
GENERAL

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:36 am

I honestly dont want it to look like those ones above. They look kinda half-assed...

I can do the wiring. some of those batteries are new.

I think the steering just needs to be rebalanced in between left and right.

Ill try to draw out my thoughts and post them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
admin-AirborneShar
GENERAL
GENERAL

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:44 am

they teach us one thing in the israeli military
SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE.
I dont like the look of the others either . they look like toys.
thats why i am all for the realistic VIETNAM ERA OR EVEN NOW DAYS ERA "MULE" LOOK.
if it was up to me this is what I would build EXACTLY whats below but its not up to me its 5 or 6 of us who have to come to a consensus
keep in mind, when u start adding cabins and closing off spaces not only u add more weight (and that eats batt time) but u also make it harder to use it. open bed mule is my vote. and im also starting to rehash the OD green color too its multi usage speaks to me.
do we really want a glorified golf cart mini tank or something that is real size technical?

and thats why i dont want that "cabin" it makes it look "gay" and toyish lol who cares if the driver gets shot be careful where u drive! but its ur call ted

Last edited by admin-AirborneShar on Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tedder1
GENERAL
GENERAL

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:23 pm

Shar I do agree with that mule... However...

The main reason i wanted a cab in the front to protect the driver is the fact that one of our main goals was to mount something like a M2 Browning (Ma Deuce) on the top like a technical. I honestly am weary of someone standing in the back shooting while someone driving starts to get shot. I dont want someone jerked around up there, or damaging the gun. If we do make the gun mount, the gunner will be strapped in with a belt thing, no going around it. On the other hand the APC unit would be useful, an open cart would serve no purpose... Boom dead, in a minute flat. They key here is taking our time and not making it look like the ones posted above. Eric and I are going to Skycraft this week to price out materials. I want to pull this thing off of a trailer at a game and people to be like oh shit...

Here is a quick rendering of what i was thinking. This thing has to have many uses...

We are planning on using aluminum to keep weight down.

Last edited by TEDDER1 on Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tedder1
GENERAL
GENERAL

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:25 pm

Think about an open cart trying to attack an elevated position. If I was on top of the main base I would eat anyone up on that thing.

I reluctantly could make it like a jeep, with sides and no roof, but i dont want the driver being shot while driving with people in it. they might jump out and let it hit a tree, or throw someone out of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
admin-AirborneShar
GENERAL
GENERAL

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:34 pm

I agree, but dont u think u will be able to carry MORE people if its open (leg room) plus, I was looking at the whole thing as a DYNAMIC vehicle that will move heavy weapons such as a minigun and saw INTO a battle rather than a troop transport. im all for the troop transport maybe we can make MODULAR walls that we can stick on it when needed but I think you will get more OOOH'S and AHHH'S when we drive this on a trailer to games and it looks like a real size technical that looks and feel like what the armed forces have rather than a glorified miniature golf cart tank bc these look silly in my opinion. I mean we try to make our guns look and feel real, why not the vehicles?(sizewise its not big enough to be a troop carrier)
I think if we aim a little lower for a realistic technical look, rather than go for the sky and try to make it a tank with wings it will look better and fell better. just my opinion.
honestly, when was the last time u seen a mini troop carrier the size of a golf cart? or tank (other than wwi) that is that small?
a M.U.L.E however, looks cool and real!
Back to top Go down
admin-AirborneShar
GENERAL
GENERAL

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:41 pm

i was thinking about us making a "tube" frame that we can put a tarp on so when we get into a situation where its hot we can stick it on (u showed me something similar i remember for the troop carrier thingy)
plus, if u want a small tank we got the bob cat to work on Smile
Back to top Go down
Tedder1
GENERAL
GENERAL

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:47 pm

The troop transport was really only for looks, as in I was trying to describe the wagon cover thing. I really never thought it was feasible to carry people, only guns, supplies or be an objective of goods to commandeer. Like a truck transporting a nuke, chemical weapons, etc.

i still dont see what an open vehicle has to offer. Not trying to argue here shar, but all it takes is two bbs to take out that whole mule if its open.

If we make it really professional looking, we shouldnt be ashamed to roll it off of a trailer. If you knew what I had in mind, you'd understand. Im thinking of an aluminum frame with thin metal skin, molded to fit and creased for corners... Details in everything, like a scaled down model (to a lesser extent). Not some square plywood with portholes rolling catastrophe.

I dont want it to look like it came from the set of Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
admin-AirborneShar
GENERAL
GENERAL

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:54 pm

thats what im worried about but i want to see a sketch? artist rendered maybe, its just that it looks like a box if we do it that way.
im just worried the outcome will be more like what geist has put up there, these are horrible.
how would u make it NOT look like that I mean the thing is small
would u make the ceiling lower, bc thats the only way i can see it looking cooler but than u got a problem with the driver having to duck his head to drive.
I just dont see a way to make it not look like a north korean haul wagon, so maybe u will make it look like a north korean haul wagon with nice rivetting and nice aluminum job but the SIZE DIMENTION IS STILL THERE.
heheh im not arguing either we are all just BRAINSTORMING here its healty!
plus my artist talent is terrible not like u and eric so u need to help me with this im good in sales but not this.

what do u think?
i mean if u aim TOO HIGH it may look bad thats why effective and simple is my motto but can u put up an "artist rendering sketch" ? I really want to see what u have in ur mind so we can be on same page ...
just come here show me. im home ALL DAY.
oh i got beer too.
Back to top Go down
Tedder1
GENERAL
GENERAL

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:05 pm

If the size is off, then we shouldnt have bought it and looked for a $30,000 2 ton truck instead.

My main purpose for this was a technical. i just threw ideas for other options to make its uses diverse enough to use in in many different games... to gain interest. It was small enough to maneuver off in the woods, versus a bigger vehicle. I am hell bent on not allowing it to look like a hunk of shit. I have a two-person limit in all my designs. One driver and one person in the back firing.

In my designs Ive attempted to add a small hoodline and better the size ratio of the way it looks. Youre right, too many people just throw these carts together in a day and it looks horrible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
admin-AirborneShar
GENERAL
GENERAL

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 pm

lol thats what a M.U.L.E is ! its a technical to carry stuff.
think about us driving with something like the one I posted to a game ! people will shit.
Back to top Go down
admin-AirborneShar
GENERAL
GENERAL

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:17 pm

my question is.
do we want to build something that looks like real world combat usage technical vehicle, real size, real dimention,
or build something that wont look like any army in the world uses in real combat but will be good for airsoft.
we can allways make drivers "off limits"
Back to top Go down
Sharky
GENERAL
GENERAL

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:21 pm

Okay At least we all agree it shouldnt be done half-ass(which means shar can work on it).We can still have a cab area and a modular open bed.
im all for the idea of tedder and shar making a black mesh cage (angular) ONLY for the driver and the rest of it look like the picture above M.U.L.E. with modular weapon ability , saw, recoiless rifle, minigun, etc but paint it OD GREEN not multicam it looks more like HOWE&HOWE kind of thing. (with flat working surface on the back for all kinds of thingys)
sincerely
JEFF SHARKY

The above was re-edited by Shar using his all-mighty web boss powers.

Last edited by Sharky on Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
admin-AirborneShar
GENERAL
GENERAL

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:27 pm

I agree with jeff.
I think we have an agreement it should be with a mesh cage with reinforcing bars if we are gonna make one (the mesh will give air, protection, visability, and look badassness like a howe&howe vehicle).
leave the back open for sure for all kinds of scenerios.
color? OD green?
mesh cage? black?
Back to top Go down
autoxgt
COLONEL-OFFICIAL AIRSMITH

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:31 pm

I say you post some pics. One from every side and maybe a couple underneth or at least through the access holes in the body so that we can get an idea of what we're look to work with.
Are you set on keeping and slightly modifying the stock body?
Maybe we should pop the body off the frame and see what everything looks like.
It may not be that bad to reposition/eliminate stuff to get a better layout for what we need.
I saw that it is currently set-up to have 2 guys up front and it should probably stay that way. I dont see any interfirence with the gun mounting arrangement or supply transport with a two man cab.
I know there is only a coulpe weeks befor Ft.Pierce but it might be a good idea to throw some cheap rattle can OD paint on it and fix the wiring, battery and steering by than so its fieldable.
It will still be cooler than anything there and buy some time to properly plan and build it right the first time. Just my $0.02.

www.airsoftreloaded.com
Local online store. Field vendor.

contact@airsoftreloaded.com
Store email

www.airsoftcfl.com
Store forum for ALL local games and store news.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.airsoftreloaded.com
FA-Chris M

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:48 pm

I've skimmed over everything said here and my personal idea is to build something with a cab to protect the driver and maybe a passenger. I think it would be cool to just have some half height side walls with an open back or maybe a tailgate type idea. Open back would be better for quick deployment or getting on.

I'm thinking dump truck basically but without a back. Something with benches on each side with walls high enough that people can sit on said benches and not have their head sticking up over the walls unless they are horribly tall. This way they could stand up or crouch and also use these walls as a mobile bunker of sorts.

PLEASE DO NOT PUT SLOTS IN THE SIDE TO FIRE OUT OF!!! It will just cause people to stick guns out them and blind fire. Make the people pop up over the walls like a bunker. Keep it simple so there are no issues and the truck is not turned into something impossible to kill.

In other words, don't do anything to it that will cause drama or arguments any more than we've already had with the "red truck"

I'm really looking forward to seeing this thing. Sounds like it's really going to kick some ass!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ubcs.forumup.org/index.php?mforum=ubcs
admin-AirborneShar
GENERAL
GENERAL

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:08 pm

RIGHT NOW, we are doing the first step, which is the flatbed
later we will do the APC
ONLY WAY TO KILL IT IS WITH SACHEL CHARGE.
Back to top Go down
Geist

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:51 pm

I like it open. I am sure we can get another one to do more stuff. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharleyNovember

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:07 pm

I have no say what so ever in what you build but perhaps my ramblings may give you guys ideas. Here's the problems I ran into. Originally what I planned was a shell that would resembles a WW2 Panzer 2 6ft high x 7ft wide x 14ft long roughly. That is doable on an offroad golfcart scale. However our next game is a modern deal where we needed a BRDM replica. So I have what I have now and here are my problems the height of the driver as you guys guess is a bitch to deal with so your vehicle ends up top heavy looking. A BRDM is a big ass vehicle with big wheels there is no way to really replicate that. So I started building a frame and am adjusting as I go by eye. It really is the only way to do it I think. You can start out with a solid plan but sooner or later once you start putting sticks together you start changing things here and there. We plan on sheeting ours with alluminum as well. We have someone that is picking up scrap allum now but we are doing half in alum right now half in masonite. should keep it fairly light weight. We went with gas because I can work on a gas engine but batteries are not my strong suit. The good thing about batteries is that it's other on or off no build up to move like a gas engine cart. The important thing I feel is how it changes the game more than what it looks like. Armour can change the entire feel of a game in my experience. I would rather have an armoured vehicle that fights well then looks well but I'd like a little of both I hope we can both work to better each others design and am very excited to see what we all come up with....and then of course my tank is going to blow the shit out of yours..... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.worldwar2airsoft.com
6FTCOW
COLONEL
COLONEL

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:50 pm

Tedder, Ed, and myself dropped the steering assembly and somewhat worked out the issue with the gearbox. The lower bearing case has been eaten away and we added a centering pin with smooth washers to add spacing and spin bearing like spacers in an AEG mechbox.

We're gonna hit Skycraft tomorrow for potential buys and perhaps a bearing case the same size which I don't remember ever seeing there but as anyone who shops there can say..."you never know!"

There's a lot to do on this cart and the body will be coming off soon to get down to the nitty-gritty. We most likely will be working on this all day Wed and Thurs but that remains to be seen. Sharky and Tedder got some great ideas drawn up and Shar is providing the best garage service ever! I'll be having a blast working on this project for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FA-Chris M

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:45 pm

"ONLY WAY TO KILL IT IS WITH SACHEL CHARGE"

What about a direct hit from an RPG?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ubcs.forumup.org/index.php?mforum=ubcs
Tedder1
GENERAL
GENERAL

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:54 pm

That too...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HoldenV
CAPTAIN
CAPTAIN

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:34 pm

LMFAO Tedder I just notice your avatar lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BEAST WORK SCHEDULE   

Back to top Go down

BEAST WORK SCHEDULE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next