HomeHome  OFFICIAL WEBSITEOFFICIAL WEBSITE  TACTICS 101TACTICS 101  CalendarCalendar  SearchSearch      FLORIDA TEAMSFLORIDA TEAMS  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  AIRSOFT INTL MAGAZINEAIRSOFT INTL MAGAZINE  MemberlistMemberlist  TECH TALKTECH TALK  Portal  Airsofters Chat LIVEAirsofters Chat LIVE  GalleryGallery      UsergroupsUsergroups  PREVIOUS GAMESPREVIOUS GAMES  
NEW GAMES COMING FOR 2016. PM ADMIN FOR GAME INFO AND LOCATIONS. YOU CAN ALSO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FIREZONE TACTICAL
COMING EVENTS
Nov 6
The Wasteland II

May 28
DV8-Memorial Day Game

May 29
Operation Wounded Eagle

June 5-6
End of Days (Ex Pd Game)

Latest topics
» Ghost Legion
Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:04 pm by ninja

» Active Recruiting
Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:04 pm by ninja

» Team Phalanx Airsoft NOW RECRUITING
Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:43 pm by ninja

» OPERATION REAPER-WAREHOUSE CQB
Thu May 17, 2012 2:40 pm by Steve-o

» MAC 11 RIG SETUP
Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:56 pm by admin-AirborneShar

Poll
GUN OF THE MONTH PRIZE
1.Echo1 ScarL by Shwell
19%
 19% [ 7 ]
2.GG DST XL by HoldenV
6%
 6% [ 2 ]
3.CA C3SG1 by Fireman
19%
 19% [ 7 ]
4.M4 Tactical by Geebs_NRG
19%
 19% [ 7 ]
5.CAM15A3 by Sharky
6%
 6% [ 2 ]
6.Systema PTWMax by JDizzle
25%
 25% [ 9 ]
7. H&K21 LMG by Slinkey
6%
 6% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 36
PIMP YOUR AEG
Congrats to this month winner,JDizzlle !
get ready for next months prize and category coming soon
 vote  here  for GUN OF THE MONTH or to enter your AEG into the contest. prize will be given to 1st place AEG.
AEG ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 6/5/10
http://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/gp_sa_15.jpg
WINNING AEG PRIZE
BRAND NEW S&W C02 M&P 40 LICENSED
WITH ADVANCED BAXS ACCURACY SHOOTING SYSTEM
SPONSORED BY AIRSOFT RELOADED
AND FIREZONE(retail value $75)

Affiliates

http://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/32891111.jpg

http://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/masada14.jpg

http://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/th_war10.jpg

http://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/th_scr11.png

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 32 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:15 pm
September 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
LINKS

Share | 

My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FA-Chris M
COLONEL-OFFICIAL AIRSMITH

PostSubject: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:29 pm

I really didn't want this to get lost among that thread. I feel like what I have to say here is important and needs to seen. I hope that you all really see where I am coming from here.

I'm not defending what Phillip did here at all. Quite frankly I feel that his comment crossed a line I wish had not been crossed. I do want to back his comment about the reason for this "shit storm" that has gone on as of late over the under 18.

It really and truly is because players came in from hours away for an 18+ game as posted on FA to find under 18's playing. It was MONTHS ago in those first games where we used the RPG's and still just had the main tower but not the pillboxes.

More or less, these players came to the game and were so angry that it was not 18+ that THEY made comment to the moderators on FA so that much like the TCA games:

http://firezone-airsoft.forumotion.com/war-room-f10/urgent-fury-ii-t381.htm

They wanted games hosted by Firezone to also not be allowed to be posted on FA purely so that people who really gave a shit about playing at 18+ games would not find themselves in a game that was not 18+. For example, a member of my own team is a high school teacher down near Poinciana. She fears more than anything else the day where she comes to an airsoft game only to find that one of her students is also at the game. If such a thing got back to her principal. If the student were to go back to school and say "Oh my god, you'll never believe it! Mrs. so and so and I played airsoft TOGETHER this weekend". Or "Oh my god! you'll never believe it! Mrs. so and so SHOT AT ME this weekend with an airsoft gun" or the ever more terrifying "hey little Jimmy, what's that welt on your face?" "oh, Mrs. so and so shot me in the face at this thing we both went to this weekend".

I'm quite sure she'd be fired on the spot... It's part of the reason why I also wince a little when I hear that we are allowing as young as 12 to games. My 7th graders are 11,12,13 years old. If I came to a game and one of them were there I'd have to leave. I can't even give them my PS3 name when they want to play MW2 with me. There's no way I can "play with them on the weekend". I don't want to end up in the news paper and on the street without a job. No one in the district office would care about my side. I'd be black balled from the area and have to move if I wanted to be a teacher still.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if someone feels like they have been "blind sided" about the presence of under 18's at a game they have a right to be angry. If they are outright told "this game is open to ages at low as "X" then they have the active decision to come or not. If they come, they have made the active decision to roll the dice and possibly run into someone they may not want to run into. Like I said, it's that they felt they had been "lied to" that set them off.

In the past, when MacV (the owner of TCA) was told he could no longer post his games on FA it was not his favorite day of the year but he moved forward with his own forums and continues to very freely advertise his games there.

http://tacticalconceptsairsoft.com/index.htm

There was some back lash and questions were raised about lowering the age limit on FA but none of them stuck. It was soon dropped and all parties went on their "merry way".

From the side lines I feel like this time things have gotten so out of hand from BOTH sides because things were not just dropped. The FA guys were angry to have to "deal with this subject again" on such a large scale and people "from" Firezone continued to get on and "poke at" FA until things just escalated to a level beyond where it ever should have gone.

I will personally continue to be a part of both sites unless either one kicks me off for being a part of the other. I very much hope that all this back and forth can just be stopped. FA is "set in their ways" and will NOT change the rule. It's for people like the high school teacher on my team that these rules continue to be upheld. For people who professionally or personally do not wish to find themselves at a game which is not 18+.

What HAS been done through all this discussion, argument, whatever, is to remind FA that under 18's are people too and that when an under 18 player stumbles onto FA that they should be treated as such and given other options of where to find info rather than just made to feel like an ass. I feel like this change alone is HUGE as it keeps younger players from going off on their own and getting in trouble (getting airsoft as a sport in trouble) when they are taken down by a SWAT team for having a "gang war" in their neighborhood because they know of no other options.

I like that Firezone is another option for under age players to go. To date I've had no issues with any of the under 18's who have played at Firezone. At least no more so than with some of the above 18's we have had (cough, cough, realtree, cough, cough). I do believe that we need to draw a hard line at how young we will allow but that's for a different discussion.

Once again, this has just been a "history lesson" of sorts and not me sticking up or standing by either side. People like me because I'm impartial. I'll continue to be so until the day I die. It's why I make a good teacher. I'm good at pulling myself away from a situation and seeing both sides.

I really hope that for seeing both sides I am not dismissed from either Firezone or FA. I think both are great sites and both have their "charm". I'm happy to be a part of both places, even when things get a little hairy... For the good of airsoft in general, I hope these "hairy" times reduce a bit in the near future. This is our hobby. This is what we do for fun. Why does there have to be so much drama over what we do for fun?

Thank you for reading this. I hope you all understand where I am coming from.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ubcs.forumup.org/index.php?mforum=ubcs
HoldenV
CAPTAIN
CAPTAIN

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:44 pm

GREAT POST

Tedder1
GENERAL
GENERAL

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:13 pm

The place we hosted the game invited ll those kids not us. We had no control over it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FA-Chris M

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:23 pm

Yes I know. I do not hold ANY responsibility on Firezone for that.

It's what is done in the future with PB world that matters. If these kids played with honor and respect then so be it. If these kids were a part of the parking lot incident or made the game less than it could have been, a discussion should be had whether or not future PB world games should be closed games and that the owner should be asked not to invite his own group.

Not saying these kids can't come but that they should be made to sign up to Firezone first, get a feeling of the attitude here and get some faces and names to the players they will meet. It will keep them from doing idiot things like shooting grenade launchers in the parking lot! :-) It will also give us more control over who does and does not come so we can avoid those guys people like inmediasres and Opheria know are trouble.
Back to top Go down
Tedder1
GENERAL
GENERAL

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:02 pm

Agreed, I didnt see any of the kids play bad, or not call hits etc... It was just fine.

I honestly get a little aprehensive about young kids, but I had no issues to report.

I found out after about the parking lot incident...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:07 pm

Realtree...... huh?? I sure hope I didn't do anything without me even knowing as I do wear MossyOak which can be mistaken as Realtree...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SHWELL

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:18 pm

Def not you Marty (That is you Marty Right)...... Mossy Oak is a legend only known to those of the olden days of Shars World (que Thunder and Lightning) lol.... He is a sneaky one... You'll see him, you'll shoot him, but he was never really there... He is part Hunter, part Airsofter, completely Smoke.... lol...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://airsoftnoobflorida.freeforums.org/index.php
Jacob "Badtrooper"
SERGEANT
SERGEANT

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:12 pm

Fireman to my knowledge are little run in with FA is over? I had a email chat with Ivan that was friendly about it, but even that's been over for awhile.

Also I agree with you a 100%
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/co-captian/
FA-Chris M

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:23 pm

No really, I was more angry with how Phillip acted and was trying to toss a "voice of reason" into things before his good points got lost in the anger and defenses going up.
Back to top Go down
Tedder1
GENERAL
GENERAL

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:25 pm

I just wish he would have stayed, played, and saw no issues with the kids playing. Maybe it would have shocked him a little...

Maybe he is like me and HoldenV... We move slower than they do, and they flank us without mercy! Damn kids are quick arent they?! Especially LERO and FRITTS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HoldenV
CAPTAIN
CAPTAIN

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:29 pm

I know Tedder thats why I get so freak out when I get stuck alone and shoot anything that moves cause those bastards are like mini ninjas

Tedder1
GENERAL
GENERAL

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:46 pm

LOL its true. We're going to have to make it like racecars and added weight to maintain uniform advantage.

So from now on 16-18 yr olds must wear a rucsack with 50pounds in it to even it our for us old people.

Just kidding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FA-Chris M

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:58 pm

TEDDER1 wrote:
LOL its true. We're going to have to make it like racecars and added weight to maintain uniform advantage.

So from now on 16-18 yr olds must wear a rucsack with 50pounds in it to even it our for us old people.

Just kidding.

HA HA HA
Back to top Go down
Jacob "Badtrooper"
SERGEANT
SERGEANT

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:06 pm

Guys did something happen that I'm not aware about? I'm kinda loss, I thought we put all the FA debate behind us.
Back to top Go down
HoldenV
CAPTAIN
CAPTAIN

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:12 pm

Trooper this is something that doesnt need to be mentioned again Unfortunately someone posted something they shouldnt have and I went ballistic. Some bad things were said earlier and things got out of hand.

Jacob "Badtrooper"
SERGEANT
SERGEANT

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:15 pm

Ah okay, I was just a little lost...
Back to top Go down
Tedder1
GENERAL
GENERAL

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:15 pm

BadTrooper i deleted a shitstorm of a thread this morning...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HoldenV
CAPTAIN
CAPTAIN

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:19 pm

LOL shitstorm isnt the word I lost my effing mind I was going to hurt some people Razz

Jacob "Badtrooper"
SERGEANT
SERGEANT

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:25 pm

Can you at least humor me and tell me if they actually called Shar a pedo?
Back to top Go down
FA-Chris M

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:52 pm

No, that was the screen name they made to basically say stuff to do with a camp fire and under 18's.

Your imagination won't be far from what was said.
Back to top Go down
admin-AirborneShar
GENERAL
GENERAL

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:34 pm

LOL....just ignore the idiots.
I still got a nice warm asian cutie to snuggle with every night while whoever wrote this shit prob sleeps with a love doll Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sites.google.com/site/sharsworldofairsoft/
admin-AirborneShar
GENERAL
GENERAL

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:59 pm

fireman, I got a message from jim, the owner of the field, that 20 players want to join us 2 hours before the start of the game. badtrooper was not in the game bc we said its 18 and up, (forgat to take him off the roster) everyone else there was 18 and up from firezone forum.
all the 18 and under that were there we did not expect bc this is a paintball field and they showed up bc the owner of the field told them about it. most of them were about 18 some 17 and some over. we did not know there are going to be that many kids there, its not our field but in the future games we will make sure to let the owner know if we are doing an 18+ game that it will really be 18+ game .
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sites.google.com/site/sharsworldofairsoft/
FA-Chris M

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:55 pm

You don't need to defend yourself to me.

I can't say I'll ever go to a game there unless you guys can hammer things out with Jim about not surprising you guys with more players. Not entirely because of the age but because I just think we need to make sure that we know who comes to Firezone games just to make sure they continue to go as well as they have in the past.
Back to top Go down
Jacob "Badtrooper"
SERGEANT
SERGEANT

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:56 pm

Genlemen, we are all comrades here; it sounds like this debate is over; so I say we just lock it and pray to God no one else feels like causing trouble.

I can tolerate FA, and all of you can too, lets hope these idiots can to.

I don't blame FA for this, I didn't see the exact posts; but I'm assuming it was just a trouble maker.
Back to top Go down
HoldenV
CAPTAIN
CAPTAIN

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:10 pm

I still want to find a Dave and Busters LOL they were all over the place in the north we need some down here damnit

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread   

Back to top Go down

My letter inspired by the "Pedo Shar" thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next