Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  OFFICIAL WEBSITEOFFICIAL WEBSITE  TACTICS 101TACTICS 101  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 FacebookIcon-1    FLORIDA TEAMSFLORIDA TEAMS  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  AIRSOFT INTL MAGAZINEAIRSOFT INTL MAGAZINE  TECH TALKTECH TALK  Portal  Airsofters Chat LIVEAirsofters Chat LIVE  GalleryGallery      PREVIOUS GAMESPREVIOUS GAMES  
NEW GAMES COMING FOR 2016. PM ADMIN FOR GAME INFO AND LOCATIONS. YOU CAN ALSO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FIREZONE TACTICAL
COMING EVENTS
Nov 6
The Wasteland II

May 28
DV8-Memorial Day Game

May 29
Operation Wounded Eagle

June 5-6
End of Days (Ex Pd Game)

Latest topics
» Ghost Legion
COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:04 pm by ninja

» Active Recruiting
COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:04 pm by ninja

» Team Phalanx Airsoft NOW RECRUITING
COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 2:43 pm by ninja

» OPERATION REAPER-WAREHOUSE CQB
COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:40 pm by Steve-o

» MAC 11 RIG SETUP
COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 1:56 pm by admin-AirborneShar

Poll
GUN OF THE MONTH PRIZE
1.Echo1 ScarL by Shwell
COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 Vote_lcap19%COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 7 ]
2.GG DST XL by HoldenV
COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
3.CA C3SG1 by Fireman
 19% [ 7 ]
4.M4 Tactical by Geebs_NRG
 19% [ 7 ]
5.CAM15A3 by Sharky
 6% [ 2 ]
6.Systema PTWMax by JDizzle
COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 9 ]
7. H&K21 LMG by Slinkey
 6% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 36
PIMP YOUR AEG
Congrats to this month winner,JDizzlle !
get ready for next months prize and category coming soon
 vote  here  for GUN OF THE MONTH or to enter your AEG into the contest. prize will be given to 1st place AEG.
AEG ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 6/5/10
https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/gp_sa_15.jpg
WINNING AEG PRIZE
BRAND NEW S&W C02 M&P 40 LICENSED
WITH ADVANCED BAXS ACCURACY SHOOTING SYSTEM
SPONSORED BY AIRSOFT RELOADED
AND FIREZONE(retail value $75)

Affiliates

https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/32891111.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/masada14.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/th_war10.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/th_scr11.png

Gallery
COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 Empty
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 271 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:10 am
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
LINKS

COMBAT CITY USA

Go down 
+17
marinejmpr
PJ-Lero
FA-Chris M
CharleyNovember
Jacob "Badtrooper"
Sharky
inmediasres
Opheria
autoxgt
Predator2-58
Archer
BillDozzer01
SHWELL
Porter [TC]
SniperTy.oneSHOToneKILL
Geist
admin-AirborneShar
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
inmediasres

inmediasres

PostSubject: Re: COMBAT CITY USA   COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 3:48 pm

I guess you would need a PVC pipe, a sabot, some kind of compressor with a quick release, put it on a gantry with wheels, and there.
Back to top Go down
CharleyNovember

CharleyNovember

PostSubject: Re: COMBAT CITY USA   COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:29 pm

look at "piston valve aircannons" for what you want to do. It is the most efficent design.
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldwar2airsoft.com
FA-Chris M
COLONEL-OFFICIAL AIRSMITH
FA-Chris M

PostSubject: Re: COMBAT CITY USA   COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 9:21 pm

The RPG I've made using the 12V bike compressor works great. The nerf missiles shoot over 200 feet under the 125 PSI the little pump generates.

You could easily build a cannot with the same mechanism. All it takes is a sprinkler valve and one of those air blower ends for a compressed air tube. You know, the little "gun" end that you use to blow sawdust off yourself or the workbench.

In typing this I just got a really good idea on how to do this without a Sabot...

I'm not sharing. You'll see it if I make it.

Yeah... I'll make it...
Back to top Go down
http://ubcs.forumup.org/index.php?mforum=ubcs
FA-Chris M
FA-Chris M

PostSubject: Re: COMBAT CITY USA   COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 10:29 pm

Tested a single 6.01 M4 barrel inside the RPG as this is similar to my idea.

125-130 PSI gave me a .20 at about 617 FPS.

I can shoot 50 bb's about 50 feet (worthless)

I can shoot 10 about 150 feet (better)

Leaving the full tube and not having to muzzle load bb's I can shoot my rockets about 200 feet (best)

Short of getting more PSI or using really heaby bb's, the idea is nice but the range is just going to be worth it. As far as harnessing the full pressure though it seems that the 1/2 tube I have now is better than the airsoft barrel with regards to explosive release. With the barrel in place the rocket only went 150ish feet as compared to the 200.

My thoughts are that you'd either need a lot more PSI or have to be ok with short range. Higher PSI may just be dangerous though and shorter range would be useless. :-/

Oh well... Scrap my idea... :-)
Back to top Go down
autoxgt
autoxgt

PostSubject: Re: COMBAT CITY USA   COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:23 pm

Fireman wrote:
inmediasres -

I meant it in the sense where you see the other team and slowly move towards one another until you can hit the other. Much of the time if one team takes off they will be chased in such a situation so in open field battle I've seen many a player engage in battle that reminded me all too much of old revolutionary war style fighting minus the lines of solders. It's certainly not the best way to do it but when it comes to deciding between turning and running or advancing and shooting, many choose to advance and shoot until the enemy is in the range of their guns OR they get hit when the enemies guns out range theirs.

So yes. There will be a lot of range battles. It's the nature of open field combat. If you have nowhere to hide, you rely on being far enough away from an enemy that their guns can't reach you and you kill other enemies by having guns that can reach out farther than theirs so that you can hit them but they can't hit you back.

There are only a few areas at the field to facilitate that kind of warfare. There is so much natural vegitation, downed trees and built structures that it will allow operators to get within range very easily in most cases.
There are some areas on the old fairway with wierd vegitation that will almost always end up in a CQB style engagement.
Crafty Ghillie snipers will beable to move undetected in almost any circumstance and should be used for recon and the ellimination of HVT's. There are sections of field that will be very hard to cross without casualties if there is a well placed, well armed sniper on overwatch.
With the modularity and dynamics of the field, it has the possibility to be one of the better fields in the southeast.
Back to top Go down
http://www.airsoftreloaded.com
inmediasres

inmediasres

PostSubject: Re: COMBAT CITY USA   COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:08 am

This could make the ultimate trench gun. Set it up around a dug in position and use it as a last resort weapon. That, or maybe an IED? I realize a claymore is must simpler, but this would be cheaper.
Back to top Go down
FA-Chris M
FA-Chris M

PostSubject: Re: COMBAT CITY USA   COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:18 am

autoxgt wrote:
Fireman wrote:
inmediasres -

I meant it in the sense where you see the other team and slowly move towards one another until you can hit the other. Much of the time if one team takes off they will be chased in such a situation so in open field battle I've seen many a player engage in battle that reminded me all too much of old revolutionary war style fighting minus the lines of solders. It's certainly not the best way to do it but when it comes to deciding between turning and running or advancing and shooting, many choose to advance and shoot until the enemy is in the range of their guns OR they get hit when the enemies guns out range theirs.

So yes. There will be a lot of range battles. It's the nature of open field combat. If you have nowhere to hide, you rely on being far enough away from an enemy that their guns can't reach you and you kill other enemies by having guns that can reach out farther than theirs so that you can hit them but they can't hit you back.

There are only a few areas at the field to facilitate that kind of warfare. There is so much natural vegitation, downed trees and built structures that it will allow operators to get within range very easily in most cases.
There are some areas on the old fairway with wierd vegitation that will almost always end up in a CQB style engagement.
Crafty Ghillie snipers will beable to move undetected in almost any circumstance and should be used for recon and the ellimination of HVT's. There are sections of field that will be very hard to cross without casualties if there is a well placed, well armed sniper on overwatch.
With the modularity and dynamics of the field, it has the possibility to be one of the better fields in the southeast.

All very good to hear. Even at Blanding with all the buildings we always found that the stretch of open field between the woodline and the first buildings was a pain to cross as there was just no cover. A good sniper could keep the whole area locked down.
Back to top Go down
Predator2-58
COLONEL
COLONEL
Predator2-58

PostSubject: Re: COMBAT CITY USA   COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 4:15 am

we can do a mega pilot/UAV/Satellite down game. they run off the same principle except uav you have to destroy it after getting the hard disk from the UAV. Satellite down you would have a KH family satellite that came out of orbit and landed in unfriendly territory. mission for blue for would be to secure the power cells which are weapons grade uranium, destroy the rest of the unit with a satchel charge, and exfil the power pack to a predetermined LZ for extract. redfor's mission would be to obtain the power pack and kill the spec ops team that was sent to get the satallite. i just would need a map to put the objectives together. shar, if you could get me just the co-ordinates for this place ill get it off of google earth. just need a google maps view to lay out objectives and need to know where the structures are.
Back to top Go down
CharleyNovember

CharleyNovember

PostSubject: Re: COMBAT CITY USA   COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 11:24 am

Fireman~ If you want ot build an arty piece with a lot of range piston valves are where it is at. A huge amount ouf volume along with a long barrel seems to yield a very long range with these things. I have heard from a few people into WW2 airsoft that have built a couple rigs that seem to have great range. Anytime you have tree cover though you will have issues. I have a Mortar that shoots tennis balls that just doesn't work out well if you are shooting up through a canopy or into a canopy. Though through open field it should work very well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldwar2airsoft.com
Alafaya Playa

Alafaya Playa

PostSubject: Re: COMBAT CITY USA   COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 7:24 pm

quick question about the fps limits

all my guns shoot around 410-420 stock with .23's

you think i'm gonna be able to use them at combat city or not?
Back to top Go down
autoxgt
autoxgt

PostSubject: Re: COMBAT CITY USA   COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 8:42 pm

Bring them out and we'll get you set up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.airsoftreloaded.com
BOB W. (THOR)
SERGEANT
SERGEANT
BOB W. (THOR)

PostSubject: Re: COMBAT CITY USA   COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 8:32 pm

Went out and played today , had a lot of fun but it was toooooooo f-in hot. That field has a lot of possibilities and I think that it will be a great place to play. Bob.
Back to top Go down
SHWELL
SHWELL

PostSubject: Re: COMBAT CITY USA   COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 9:14 pm

I did not play at all. I was PhotShwell today. I enjoyed the company, and watching you guys play was a blast. I got tons of Pics and Vids, and will be posting links to them tomorrow sometime.. I did not feel too bad until the drive home. I was spent from the heat.

As said by many others, this field has tons, and I mean tons of potential. The "Blank canvas" appeal is great, and the things that could be done with a few small structures... as it has been reitterated, this place is in the infant stages (as you can see i have baby on the brain) and it will only get bigger with time.

I have faith that this place will become a mainstay with our continued support, and the more we spread the word, the better the turnouts will be..

Thanks to everyone for making this an enjoyable experience. I have not touched base with the rest of CenFL, but I think they had a good time as well, and look forward to playing there again..

Stay tuned for pics and Vid.. Vid will prob take a bit, I have almost 2 hours of footage, and the pics should be up tonight or first thing in the morning..
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftnoobflorida.freeforums.org/index.php
admin-AirborneShar
GENERAL
GENERAL
admin-AirborneShar

PostSubject: Re: COMBAT CITY USA   COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 9:39 pm

like shwell said, guys try to advertise this field on every forum you can so there will be more and more people coming. this field needs a big momentum to succeed and if that happens dave can invest more and make it what we always dreamed of-a REAL airsoft dedicated field that we can enjoy for years to come, so go ahead and spread the word.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/sharsworldofairsoft/
SHWELL
SHWELL

PostSubject: Re: COMBAT CITY USA   COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 9:42 pm

It was mentioned that they will prob hold 18+ games once a month, 3rd Weekend os every month.. That means alot of "AllAges" games and I can def dig that. I think the all ages games are more exciting, and can def boost attendence a lot. The once a month 18+ games also make for a great break from the kids (Im a stay at home dad, so feel my pain).

Def spread the word. You know I am gonna do my part.

PICS UPLOADING NOW....

https://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s218/SHWELL11/Airsoft/combat%20city/

I am downloading the vids now for editing. This is gonna take a bit of work... Very close to 2 hours of footage. Will post here once done.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftnoobflorida.freeforums.org/index.php
Vandalz

Vandalz

PostSubject: Re: COMBAT CITY USA   COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 1:37 pm

sweet pics man Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COMBAT CITY USA   COMBAT CITY USA - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

COMBAT CITY USA
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3