Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  OFFICIAL WEBSITEOFFICIAL WEBSITE  TACTICS 101TACTICS 101  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  AAR for Red Dawn FacebookIcon-1    FLORIDA TEAMSFLORIDA TEAMS  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  AIRSOFT INTL MAGAZINEAIRSOFT INTL MAGAZINE  TECH TALKTECH TALK  Portal  Airsofters Chat LIVEAirsofters Chat LIVE  GalleryGallery      PREVIOUS GAMESPREVIOUS GAMES  
NEW GAMES COMING FOR 2016. PM ADMIN FOR GAME INFO AND LOCATIONS. YOU CAN ALSO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FIREZONE TACTICAL
COMING EVENTS
Nov 6
The Wasteland II

May 28
DV8-Memorial Day Game

May 29
Operation Wounded Eagle

June 5-6
End of Days (Ex Pd Game)

Latest topics
» Ghost Legion
AAR for Red Dawn EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:04 pm by ninja

» Active Recruiting
AAR for Red Dawn EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:04 pm by ninja

» Team Phalanx Airsoft NOW RECRUITING
AAR for Red Dawn EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 2:43 pm by ninja

» OPERATION REAPER-WAREHOUSE CQB
AAR for Red Dawn EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:40 pm by Steve-o

» MAC 11 RIG SETUP
AAR for Red Dawn EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 1:56 pm by admin-AirborneShar

Poll
GUN OF THE MONTH PRIZE
1.Echo1 ScarL by Shwell
AAR for Red Dawn Vote_lcap19%AAR for Red Dawn Vote_rcap
 19% [ 7 ]
2.GG DST XL by HoldenV
AAR for Red Dawn Vote_lcap6%AAR for Red Dawn Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
3.CA C3SG1 by Fireman
 19% [ 7 ]
4.M4 Tactical by Geebs_NRG
 19% [ 7 ]
5.CAM15A3 by Sharky
 6% [ 2 ]
6.Systema PTWMax by JDizzle
AAR for Red Dawn Vote_lcap25%AAR for Red Dawn Vote_rcap
 25% [ 9 ]
7. H&K21 LMG by Slinkey
 6% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 36
PIMP YOUR AEG
Congrats to this month winner,JDizzlle !
get ready for next months prize and category coming soon
 vote  here  for GUN OF THE MONTH or to enter your AEG into the contest. prize will be given to 1st place AEG.
AEG ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 6/5/10
https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/gp_sa_15.jpg
WINNING AEG PRIZE
BRAND NEW S&W C02 M&P 40 LICENSED
WITH ADVANCED BAXS ACCURACY SHOOTING SYSTEM
SPONSORED BY AIRSOFT RELOADED
AND FIREZONE(retail value $75)

Affiliates

https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/32891111.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/masada14.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/th_war10.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/th_scr11.png

Gallery
AAR for Red Dawn Empty
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 271 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:10 am
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
LINKS

AAR for Red Dawn

Go down 
+23
Guider
Wolverine
Boss
easy E
BOB W. (THOR)
Jacob "Badtrooper"
Nick.Wolfpack
Tedder1
PJ-Lero
BadbillyC
FA-Chris M
Evilmidget
T3K3.Wolfpack
Predator2-58
CharleyNovember
Tempestfury
6FTCOW
bluesilo6
Gecko TBJ Wild Card Squad
Geist
Schrodinger
admin-AirborneShar
SHWELL
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SHWELL
COLONEL-OFFICIAL AIRSMITH
SHWELL

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 7:21 pm

Well guys how was it. I was not able to make it, but the word is it was a great game.... The Roster was huge....

Post your account of the Days Battle.... Were the Russians sent home to cry over Vodka and Milk? Or did the US roll over and take the quicky?
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftnoobflorida.freeforums.org/index.php
admin-AirborneShar
GENERAL
GENERAL
admin-AirborneShar

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 7:28 pm

lol. SHWELL the russian def held their own !!! and it took us a female assasain to kill tedder and cain!!!
however....IM LETTING EVERYONE ELSE WRITE HOW THE GAME WENT bc I ran the game im not allowed opinion so im waiting like you for comments! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/sharsworldofairsoft/
SHWELL
SHWELL

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 7:35 pm

LOL Shar, cant wait.
Back to top Go down
Schrodinger

Schrodinger

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 7:51 pm

Anybody who's anybody knows that you can't win a war with vodka and AK's - but you can come damn close.

Shar and crew, thanks so much for throwing this event! It was so much fun to be out on a big field for once.
Back to top Go down
SHWELL
SHWELL

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 7:53 pm

Hey Shar, I just noticed this is in the wrong section.... Should prob be in Gun Cam Section...
Back to top Go down
Geist
ADMIRAL - NAVAL OPERATIONS
Geist

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:16 pm

IT was a good game. We the Americans did accomplish all the missions with 100% success, We toke the Pilot and the Laptop in safe location , take out the spy but we did have no knowledge of a second assassin. Sooooo our comenders get killed and we get our ass kicked. We lost it.

Deal was

HERE ARE SOME LAST MINUTE SURPRISES WE HAVE SAVED FOR THE LAST MINUTE
SPY
THE RUSSIAN SPY WITHIN THE AMERIAN FORCES CAN WIN THE GAME FOR THE RUSSIANS BY ASSASSINATING BOTH LEADERS OF AMERICAN MOVEMENTS (TEDDER AND CAINESRETURN) ONLY IF HE MANAGES TO ASSASSINATE BOTH. GIVEN ONCE HE GETS ONE LEADER AND IS KILLED BY THE BODY GUARDS HE WILL BE A RUSSIAN POW AND GO BACK TO PLAY AS RUSSIAN THUS ELIMINATING HIS ROLE AS A SPY

And

PILOT
THE AMERICAN PILOT BEHIND RUSSIAN ENEMY LINES WILL HAVE A REAL MINI LAPTOP WITH HIM CONTAINING A PICTURE OF THE RUSSIAN SPY.HE MUST TRY TO GET THIS LAPTOP TO AMERICAN HANDS. IF THE PILOT IS ABOUT TO GET CAPTURED HE MUST HIDE THE LAPTOP BEFORE TAKEN POW SO RUSSIANS DONT GET THE LAPTOP. ONCE THE LAPTOP IS HIDDEN THE AMERICANS MUST RETRACE THEIR WAY BACK AND FIND IT (IF THE RUSSIANS HAVENT)IN ORDER TO FIND THE SPY. GIVEN, ONCE PILOT IS POW HE WILL BE RETURNED TO AMERICAN FORCES WITHOUT THE LAPTOP (HIDDEN OR IN THE BUSHES DEPENDS ON WHAT HAPPENED) AND FORCES WILL HAVE TO GO LOOK FOR IT. IF YOU ARE THE PILOT U MUST KEEP THE LAPTOP ON YOUR BODY UNTIL U ARE KILLED. PILOT IS NOT ALLOWED TO LOOK INTO THE LAPTOP UNTIL HE IS RECOVERED BY AMERICAN FORCES . THE LAPTOP IS GOING TO BE IN A SEALED PLASTIC BAG. NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO BREAK THE SEAL OTHER THAN THE LEADERS OF FREE AMERICA OR WOLVERINES, IE TEDDER OR CAINESRETURN.

+

1. WOLVERINES TAKE THEIR HIGH SCHOOL BACK (RUSSIAN HQ) . HOW IS THAT DONE? ONLY BY MANAGING TO THROW A SMOKE GRENADE INTO THE HIGH SCHOOL. WHICH "KILLS" ALL THE RUSSIANS INSIDE. ALSO WOLVERINES MUST CAPTURE ONE OF THE 3 FOBS (PILLBOX) BY TAKING IT OR THROWING SMOKE IN IT AND BY DOING SO FLUSHING OUT THE INHABITANTS OF THE FOB PILLBOX. THEY DONT WIN BY JUST CAPTURING ONE OBJECTIVE, IT MUST BE BOTH.
2. RUSSIANS CAPTURE DOWNED PILOT AND CAPTURE THE WOLVERINE LEADER. ONLY THE SPY CAN LET THE RUSSIANS KNOW WHO THE LEADER IS, SO THE SPY PLAYS A MAJOR KEY ROLE IN THE GAME. IF HE MANAGES TO GIVE AWAY THE WOLVERINES MOVEMENTS AND TELL THEM WHO THE LEADER IS IT WILL HELP THE RUSSIANS WIN.

We lost They win, it was a super game and every one give 100%

CCCP got the VODKA

WE GOT THE MILK.

lol!

congratulations cccp partying up
AAR for Red Dawn L_83e9b4fa844616693cab5c94794c3e80

Last edited by Geist on Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:18 pm

Just wanted to say Thanks to everyone for making Tempest Fury and I feel welcome at the OP. Even though it was not my best day in the field, I had a lot of fun and it was great finally meeting everyone. TF got to head out with Geist on a Sniper run after lunch and she had a blast learning the "tricks of the trade". Thanks again and we will make it back as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
bluesilo6

bluesilo6

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:22 pm

love the game,i haven't had that much fun in a long time thanks to every one
that was there Question
Back to top Go down
bluesilo6

bluesilo6

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:24 pm

that last game was the best!!!
Back to top Go down
6FTCOW
COLONEL
COLONEL
6FTCOW

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:56 pm

AGAIN, I had a fantastic time. You just can't beat the...comradery...hahaha! Please guys give us input on how things were run. Good or bad it needs to be said so things can improve...not that there's much to improve if I do say so myself! AAR for Red Dawn Icon_geek What was your favorite detail? What did you not like as much?
Back to top Go down
6FTCOW
COLONEL
COLONEL
6FTCOW

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:59 pm

Oh yeah, Shwell, thanks for getting these threads started! Your a life-saver! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SHWELL
SHWELL

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 12:15 am

It was the least I could do.. I will not miss the next game... I hope. Wife is now Preggers so you never know....

These AAR's are the best way for the games and scenerios to be improved for future events. There have been bad things mentioned in the past and that has not affected the tone of this group. The goal is for everyone to come happy and leave drained and excited about the next game.

Feedback is the only way to get the info needed to make it better next time.
Back to top Go down
Tempestfury

Tempestfury

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 12:32 am

Thank you everyone for all the fun today. I think I may have gotten one kill. The only change I would recommend is having one Port o John available, particularly for the big OPs. If you want to get more females to play, this could possibly help.

Thanks to Shar and the crew for making us feel very welcome. A big thank you to Geist for allowing me to shadow him and for taking the time to explain field tactics.

I will be back.
Back to top Go down
CharleyNovember

CharleyNovember

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 2:36 am

Thank you guys for having me and my friends at your event. You guys were very friendly and hospitable and I very much appreciated it. I like the field. I think Sharky told me it was 5 acres but is sure seemed bigger to me. The HQ was the most impressive bunker but I thought the little pill boxes were kick ass as well. I will start off with a few things I didn't like and end with what I did like. The dislikes are minor and bullshitty I assure you but you wanted good and bad.

1. The way the scenario was set up in the beggining once our spy got hosed there was little reason for the Russians to play anymore as there should have been no way to win. This is a way different setup to how I have run and seen games run before. Normally we have missions going out all day for points. we also have side missions for bonus points. This allows the game to continue on all day with no abrubt ending and whoever has the most points at the end of the day wins. You guys run your games any way you want and I will still come back and play as I enjoyed myself very much.

2. I had a young man shoot me out because he was wearing a woodland boonie and a black shirt. He came out of the ditch and I had the drop on him but didn't shoot because of this when I asked him about the obvious conflict with the uniform his response was "Well the Wolverines in the movie took Russian uniforms." Paraphrase there but that is the gest of it. People changing uniforms is kinda bullshitty I've only seen it done in FL. I didn't get all pissy over it because this is just a game but thought I would point out I think it is wrong and dishonest and people need to be honest in this game.

3. Bathrooms ~ It's been awhile since I shit in the woods and the first time I had to wipe my ass with a stick....I formally request you add more leaves to the area. Smile

Not being able to park at the field was my fault can't park a sportbike out there next time I will car it for sure. Thanks so much for the ride out to the field and the ride back and special thanks to Shar for letting us keep the bikes and gear at the house man.

Now for the good:

Price, Dude 10.00 for a scenario game is rocking! I can't run my games up in GA for that much because I have to rent the field and pay the owner it si so awesome you guys are able to do this at a low low price espiially with the economy in the shitter like it is.

The Theme: Red Dawn FTMFW! I like that you guys are doing things like Nam and RD and soon a WW2 game. It's a nice change and one I and obviously many others appreciate.

The Camraderie: Everyone I met todays was really nice and welcoming. No one acted like a stuck up douchebage. I can't say that about some other FL games I have been too. You seem to attract cool players and that is something I really appreciate.

Calling hits: I never had a problem with anyone calling hits. I heard about a couple of things but I didn't hear the Florida Airsoft mating call of CALL YOUR HITS MOTHERFUCKER every few minutes. Wow what a difference that makes. Again I think it is the players you attract that makes the difference.

I can't make it back for a couple months but you can be sure I will be back and telling my friends to come down with me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldwar2airsoft.com
Predator2-58
COLONEL
COLONEL
Predator2-58

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 3:24 am

CharleyNovember wrote:
I never had a problem with anyone calling hits. I heard about a couple of things but I didn't hear the Florida Airsoft mating call of CALL YOUR HITS MOTHERFUCKER every few minutes. Wow what a difference that makes. Again I think it is the players you attract that makes the difference.

as far as im concerned the language thing is an FA thing. I usually just keep shooting and keep asking " are you hit yet?"
Back to top Go down
CharleyNovember

CharleyNovember

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 3:40 am

It's more the anger behind the words than the words. Trust me foul language is not an issue with me. People getting all twisted over stuff is though. Great group of people out there today as far as I was concerned. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldwar2airsoft.com
Predator2-58
COLONEL
COLONEL
Predator2-58

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 3:47 am

Geist wrote:

congratulations cccp partying up
AAR for Red Dawn L_83e9b4fa844616693cab5c94794c3e80

party in Moscow wooohooo!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
T3K3.Wolfpack

T3K3.Wolfpack

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 9:02 am

My take on things, both positive and negative so future events can be improved upon...try not to get miffed at some things, but we're talking about honesty here:

1. Trying to rescue the Downed Pilot was a pretty fun objective. Gave us a goal to work towards that could potentially lead to some sort of advantage in regards to ratting out the spy.

2. Figuring out who the spy was - I know the American Commanders were a little twitchy about who the spy might be, but in the end it didn't matter since the Russians shot their own Spy during combat anyways. I would have liked to have seen the spy 'respawn' with the Americans since his identity hadn't been revealed or discovered yet. He should have only perma-joined the Russians after the American forces execute him.

I know not too many people were happy when it was discovered a second spy had been created with out the knowledge of the Americans. A 'Sleeper Spy' rule would have alerted us to this before hand - that there are 2 spys amongst the americans, and the second spy becomes 'active' once the 1st spy has been killed our discovered. No pictured of who the second spy might be, but maybe a rough description so that it would have people guessing.

3. Respawning, in general, needs to be enforced a little better, but its also on the player to play by the rules.. I know for a fact that there was a Russian Zombie Army out in the woods. Its pretty obvious when some one gets hit and lit up, and its also obvious when they only take 10 steps back then 10 steps forward and start shooting at you again. There also seemed to be some confusion as to where the Russians were supposed to go once hit - I think a few of them went to the Russian HQ, not the American HQ.

At the same time, there were also plenty of Russians who did go where they were supposed to, or did call the hit when it was questionable. Such as one instance where a Orange-Grenade landed between two Russians - they took the hit which was rather commendable.

The deal with the truck - I was pretty confused as to how it was still alive since it did drive into the entire American Army in the 2nd game, taking fire from a couple SAWs, an Orange Grenade to the flatbed, and fire from all sides. I think it might be a wise idea to make the rules clearer in regards to the truck - what the occupants can do, how to take it down, whether or not it could be captured. I recall hearing that in the first game it massacred the Wolverines (and the spy I think) as it took them by surprise (which is kinda cool).

4. The 2nd game did go off a lot smoother then the first though I am not sure if that was due to a change in tactics or whether everyone had a better idea where to go.
Back to top Go down
SHWELL
SHWELL

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 9:12 am

Keep the feedback coming guys.
Back to top Go down
Evilmidget

Evilmidget

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 11:14 am

I would like to thank everyone out there for helping me out. Everyone was very friendly and helped me out for my first airsoft game.
I will definently showing up to more events. The truck I think was the only thing we didn't talk about cause I did light up that truck other than that it was crazy.
Back to top Go down
admin-AirborneShar
GENERAL
GENERAL
admin-AirborneShar

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 11:44 am

charlienovermber - I like your idea about the portapotty, I will tell my dad to bring a shitter for the next game or we can add more leaves to the trees (I personally use rocks)

and yes, if i see someoene acting like you said charlieynovermber (call your hits mothfuc...)i wont let them come back to my field. i want only fun players and not "national airsoft olympic super competetive dress to impress im better than everyone" type players. I dont want these guys to come to my field. but i do want - chill people, college kids who are broke, friendly people, and most importantly 105lbs hot asian chicks.

now, about the truck (t3k3), i found out we will get the truck only 9 hours b4 the game started so it was a last minute thing, and thoght it will be a great addition to the game with all the positives and negatives (i thoght it will be more of a positive addition), we didnt have time to build a rulebook as the truck came in so we played it by ear. and I think most people loved having a patrol vehicle to shoot at. next game,,, we will make sure a granade thrown in the flat bed will mean a kill for only the occupants in the back. also - rpg and 203 can kill the truck but not bullets.

I want to thank boss badtrooper and the guys in the QTR because they did a great job and saved our asses many many times while being placed in the fob line.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/sharsworldofairsoft/
FA-Chris M
FA-Chris M

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 12:58 pm

I also think that part of the problem with the truck was that it had a few of those "Russian Zombies" inside. Everyone in it got shot at one time or another and it just kept on rolling. The driver getting shot should have stopped the truck until he could have been replaced. The driver getting shot, the truck stopping and then him shooting back... UNACCEPTABLE!

Then again, many of these "Russian Zombies" were "Vietnamese Zombies" last time... :-/ They know who they are, I believe they may even be a team. At least, they sure stick together on the field. :-(

Shar, may be something to look into for additions your "Black List".

There was also much comment about the respawn locations. The respawn idea was REALLY COOL. I thought it added a nice element to the game and got people to be a bit more honest about the wait times at respawn as well as actually going there (because you felt guilty if you thought you may be the 8th player that the 7 waiting needed. Ha ha ha)

As for the locations, as I mentioned back at your house, it would have been nice to have had the POW location somewhere off to the side so that dead players were not walking by TWICE and getting a nice view of all the locations the opposing team had hidden, how many people were in the bunkers, etc. Nothing sucked more then finding a nice sniper spot only to have 8 players walk by you on their way back to their own base and right back to you once alive.

Shar, you mentioned that you felt that a POW location needed to be watched and that it would take a player as an "Admin" to stand there all day and not play in order to have the POW locations be away from base. Two ideas that could solve that:

1. Make the POW area a location which had to be defended. The area COULD NOT be taken by the opposing team but lets say that 5 Americans were in it and another group of American's came and killed the 2-3 Russians defending it, all POW's would be released early to go back to their base OR released then and there and allowed to join their rescue party. Once said rescue party had rescued their allies, they had to leave. NO CAMPING THE POW LOCATION ALLOWED!

2. Have the POW's still go to the main base but instead of having them go back to their own base to reactivate, (walking again back through the lines of battle) have them go to a location off to the side so that they did not walk back through the enemy force from behind. I myself would commonly walk toward the base and not see all that many enemy forces but then see them all when we came up behind them as we walked back to our base. It's just the nature of hiding spots and bunkers to only hide/protect you from one side...

The only other thing I heard people complaining about was that they felt like rules were being changed mid game. Most of the Russians knew but the American's were for the most part in the dark. What made the American's angry was that many of these rules seemed to benefit the Russians far more then they'd benefit the Americans. Said rules weren't bad, just caused a good deal of argument as players thought other players were cheating only to find that a rule change had occurred. I'd just say that if a rule change is going to happen, pause the game or get on the radio to the team leaders and make sure word is spread. That or wait and change the rule for the next round when there is the time to tell everyone at staging.

Other then all that, I felt that this game was a HUGE IMPROVEMENT from the Vietnam game. I personally feel that if things keep going forward in this manner that the games will get that much better too.

Hopefully the "Zombie players" will stop coming or rethink their "Zombie ways". I'll be the first to say, to kill a Zombie you've got to shoot them in the head!

I've got no problem putting a barrage of plastic into the head of any Zombie I encounter. I doubt anyone else will either... :-)
Back to top Go down
http://ubcs.forumup.org/index.php?mforum=ubcs
SHWELL
SHWELL

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 1:11 pm

lol.. Great Feedback Fireman..

I am def taking notes from all of this. Communication is the key. Once we improve that during gameplay, things will be much better.

The idea of Zombie squads, scares me.

Shar, I would like to volunteer to be an Admin at games when needed. This will be my form of field build up help. Maybe Admin for half the day, and play the rest... At least we can have admins spread the word of rule changes...
Back to top Go down
BadbillyC

BadbillyC

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 1:31 pm

Shar et. al...

Great game. I had a great time and am pleased to get involved in my local airsoft community after moving here from AZ. Most of what I had to offer has been noted but will just hit the highlights below.

1. Lots of feedback about the zombies who get hit and never die. Having been to a couple hundred events all over the country the last 4 years, this problem is present at all of them. First soultion is to hurt 'em a bit, which I know happened quite a bit towards the end of the day. Second solution is item #2 below.

2. We need more referrees/judges/admin, whatever you want to call them.Maybe we develop a rotating squad of guys who play part of the day and manage part of the day. The guys who ran our games in AZ tried to have on ref per 15-20 players. Not only does this reduce the zombies, but it also allows them to help direct people to respawn, communicate rules, etc. I'd be happy to volunteer to help out if you formed such a squad.

3. We need an admin channel for comms so that rule changes or other "on the fly" developments that come up can be broadcast to the squads/leaders. There were plenty of guys with radios, which was impressive in my experience, so that should help with our communication challenges.

I had a great time, met some great new people and sicne I live right aound the corner, look forward to logging plently of hours with all of you. Thanks for the opportunity.

Bill
Back to top Go down
PJ-Lero

PJ-Lero

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 1:40 pm

This was my first Op other than our own events we hold occasionally, and I gotta say i had a blast! it was great from start to end (even with the sneaky second spy.... shar...) everyone showed up on time, and was positive and ready for action, met some cool guys; scorpion, bill, dave, shar, and a few no names that i tagged along with capturing pill boxes and sending Russians away with dead rags =P. i tagged along my own team (fritts and wolverine) and attempted to support Havoc and Steve-o as we took the Russians by force. And except for the occasional no hit callers and the truck.... it was a great time. maybe next time il bring some food...

Some things that need improvement....
1. bathrooms def would be a nice touch, i was lucky enough to not of waged war with my bowels..
2. Just a little more communication, the second game we played, myself and 4 other players were sitting at the American base when the start alarm sounded, we weren't sure if the game was actually starting or not because 85% of the American team was MIA...
3. I was lucky enough to of been shot from a grand distance of aprox three feet away, by an individual wearing full black and sporting a P90, needless to say i wasnt very appreciative about this incident, and told him it was too close and he should call "bang" or something, he replied simply "i didnt know i was supposed to" so it runs with communication, but also enforcement.
4. NO MORE TRUCKS, it seems to me that the use of a truck is impossible because of the lack of honesty and ability to abide by the rules, as many there can testify, either the truck had a magic level of 65 and was casting its impenetrability spell..... or they just werent calling their hits.
other than this, it was a great game.
See you next game.
Lero {Skeeter Airsoft}
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/skeeterairsoft
Sponsored content

AAR for Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAR for Red Dawn   AAR for Red Dawn Empty

Back to top Go down

AAR for Red Dawn
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next