Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  OFFICIAL WEBSITEOFFICIAL WEBSITE  TACTICS 101TACTICS 101  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P FacebookIcon-1    FLORIDA TEAMSFLORIDA TEAMS  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  AIRSOFT INTL MAGAZINEAIRSOFT INTL MAGAZINE  TECH TALKTECH TALK  Portal  Airsofters Chat LIVEAirsofters Chat LIVE  GalleryGallery      PREVIOUS GAMESPREVIOUS GAMES  
NEW GAMES COMING FOR 2016. PM ADMIN FOR GAME INFO AND LOCATIONS. YOU CAN ALSO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FIREZONE TACTICAL
COMING EVENTS
Nov 6
The Wasteland II

May 28
DV8-Memorial Day Game

May 29
Operation Wounded Eagle

June 5-6
End of Days (Ex Pd Game)

Latest topics
» Ghost Legion
Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:04 pm by ninja

» Active Recruiting
Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:04 pm by ninja

» Team Phalanx Airsoft NOW RECRUITING
Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 2:43 pm by ninja

» OPERATION REAPER-WAREHOUSE CQB
Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:40 pm by Steve-o

» MAC 11 RIG SETUP
Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 1:56 pm by admin-AirborneShar

Poll
GUN OF THE MONTH PRIZE
1.Echo1 ScarL by Shwell
Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P Vote_lcap19%Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P Vote_rcap
 19% [ 7 ]
2.GG DST XL by HoldenV
Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P Vote_lcap6%Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
3.CA C3SG1 by Fireman
Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P Vote_lcap19%Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P Vote_rcap
 19% [ 7 ]
4.M4 Tactical by Geebs_NRG
 19% [ 7 ]
5.CAM15A3 by Sharky
Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P Vote_lcap6%Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
6.Systema PTWMax by JDizzle
Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P Vote_lcap25%Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P Vote_rcap
 25% [ 9 ]
7. H&K21 LMG by Slinkey
 6% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 36
PIMP YOUR AEG
Congrats to this month winner,JDizzlle !
get ready for next months prize and category coming soon
 vote  here  for GUN OF THE MONTH or to enter your AEG into the contest. prize will be given to 1st place AEG.
AEG ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 6/5/10
https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/gp_sa_15.jpg
WINNING AEG PRIZE
BRAND NEW S&W C02 M&P 40 LICENSED
WITH ADVANCED BAXS ACCURACY SHOOTING SYSTEM
SPONSORED BY AIRSOFT RELOADED
AND FIREZONE(retail value $75)

Affiliates

https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/32891111.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/masada14.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/th_war10.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/th_scr11.png

Gallery
Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P Empty
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 271 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:10 am
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
LINKS

Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P

Go down 
+3
BOB W. (THOR)
HoldenV
6FTCOW
7 posters
AuthorMessage
6FTCOW
COLONEL
COLONEL
6FTCOW

PostSubject: Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P   Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:27 pm

Props to Holden for posting about his quick but awesome DMR conversion...and of his STUBBY no less!

But why should he have all the fun?! I had already posted on FA a long while back about this rifle and it's gone through some changes here and there since. After finally installing my Promy triple torque gears and finding a sufficient voltage to power it (12v), I have a direction to go for the extended handguard.

The fat hand guard is wide enough to hold a 12v battery but I just need to design a cover for the end since the battery sticks out. It's not that the battery sticking out will look ugly to me, it's that I will have to cut a part of my extended handguard away to give room for the long fat battery and will need to cover this up.

The forward handguard will look like what I built in the pimp my gun app....
Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P Myweap10

I will add small rails to the front like in the image but I might do venting holes like this...
Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P JP_Ent_Handguard_Rail_A

This is what I have so far...
Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P P3100005

Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P P3100006

Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P P3100007
Back to top Go down
HoldenV
CAPTAIN
CAPTAIN
HoldenV

PostSubject: Re: Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P   Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:35 pm

Yeah I was thinking throwing in some venting holes in mine But I like yours a lot definitely built on a better gun.
Back to top Go down
BOB W. (THOR)
SERGEANT
SERGEANT
BOB W. (THOR)

PostSubject: Re: Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P   Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:42 am

Niiiiiice, looks good. If you want a smaller batt. so it will fit better go with a 3 cell lipo batt. It will most likely fit in the handguard the way it is now. Bob.
Back to top Go down
admin-AirborneShar
GENERAL
GENERAL
admin-AirborneShar

PostSubject: Re: Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P   Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:51 am

dam eric is that a 12v I see sticking out there ?
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/sharsworldofairsoft/
6FTCOW
COLONEL
COLONEL
6FTCOW

PostSubject: Re: Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P   Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:25 am

Heheh it's actually a HUGE 8.4 backed out to show how far a 12 would go but I found some 12v 1600's for $9 so decided to play with those for now because they do fit with no cutting.

I'm glad for this even though 1600 won't provide that long of a life but cutting out these vent holes without a drill press was a B#q$....

The gents from NRG explained to me that the reason I had to step it up to a 12v battery is because of my motor. I was a bit worried why I wasn't able to pull the spring on a 10.8v. Thanks guys if you happen to see this!

When I'm up to it at another time and I have access to a drill press I'll continue with the design but for now this will work for me...

Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P P3140010

Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P P3140011
Back to top Go down
Geist
ADMIRAL - NAVAL OPERATIONS
Geist

PostSubject: Re: Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P   Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 1:03 am

Nice job Eric, Looks good. did you use it in the game yet?
Back to top Go down
PJ-Lero

PJ-Lero

PostSubject: Re: Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P   Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:30 am

i know how you feel on the battery/spring part.
I put a reinforced m160 gearbox with m160 spring in my RDW, and my 11.1 lipo could hardly pull it, it was maybe 2 rps. But thats also because of the stock motor in it, the M160 motor is coming in soon so that should help.
Id rather buy a better motor than step up the battery more than 11.1, just because i dont want my gun to explode....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/skeeterairsoft
admin-AirborneShar
GENERAL
GENERAL
admin-AirborneShar

PostSubject: Re: Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P   Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:35 am

beleive it or not:
I have used a 12v batt on my 1.)echo1 m4 2007 model 2.)cyma036AK 2008 model.
no problem. they both shoot like beasts.
nothing done to the AEG's other than the echo1 been shimmed by fireman.
they work just fine. how would u guys splain that?
Back to top Go down
PJ-Lero

PJ-Lero

PostSubject: Re: Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P   Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:12 pm

i cant lol!
11.1 is fine for me, i have no need to go higher, and i dont have the same trust in my guns as you.....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/skeeterairsoft
HoldenV
CAPTAIN
CAPTAIN
HoldenV

PostSubject: Re: Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P   Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 11:31 am

Did you get down with this DMR yet eric?
Back to top Go down
admin-AirborneShar
GENERAL
GENERAL
admin-AirborneShar

PostSubject: Re: Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P   Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 12:20 pm

no he is working on a top secret skunkworks project that may or may not exist, with 2 items that are going to shock the airsoft world in fl.
Back to top Go down
HoldenV
CAPTAIN
CAPTAIN
HoldenV

PostSubject: Re: Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P   Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 1:49 pm

Oh yeah thats right I forgot about that
Back to top Go down
Predator2-58
COLONEL
COLONEL
Predator2-58

PostSubject: Re: Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P   Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 2:36 pm

he is going to make a magazine that makes its own bbs
Back to top Go down
BOB W. (THOR)
SERGEANT
SERGEANT
BOB W. (THOR)

PostSubject: Re: Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P   Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 6:45 pm

If he needs some machine work I am glad to help. Bob.
Back to top Go down
6FTCOW
COLONEL
COLONEL
6FTCOW

PostSubject: Re: Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P   Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:00 pm

Hahah...the magazine has a vortex that inhales bbs shot at me like a magnet and grinds them into a fine dust to form 20mm giants and lobs them back at a whopping 800fps. Their like mini-golfballs with dimples and can make their own hop up effect to travel at distances greater than 100 yards!!

LOL...the sniper is coming along. I'll post pics after this but its shooting .25s at 420fps. .40s are pretty accurate with my current hop up which is stock. I figure to have some of you chaps give a squeeze and see what you say as I've not fired a really good non-bolt sniper before.

As far as the minigun...this is coming along like a dream so far! I'm moving on to the barrel assembly soon as I figure the location of the mechanism that will make it spin takes priority over anything else.
Back to top Go down
HoldenV
CAPTAIN
CAPTAIN
HoldenV

PostSubject: Re: Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P   Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:11 pm

cant say the M word its a super duper secret lol
Back to top Go down
6FTCOW
COLONEL
COLONEL
6FTCOW

PostSubject: Re: Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P   Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:32 pm

Okay here is what it looks like now which will probably not change. Um yeah...so I left it in full auto...
The multicam is arm compressors and work really well for hiding most of the black. Because it's stretchy thin nylon the RIS can be used through it without being damaged...at least so far. Very Happy The handle is an Element brand PS1 and is rather comfortable!

Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P P4230010
Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P P4230011
Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P P4230012
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P   Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P Empty

Back to top Go down

Sixfootcow DMR project...why should Holden have all the fun!? :P
Page 1 of 1