Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  OFFICIAL WEBSITEOFFICIAL WEBSITE  TACTICS 101TACTICS 101  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 FacebookIcon-1    FLORIDA TEAMSFLORIDA TEAMS  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  AIRSOFT INTL MAGAZINEAIRSOFT INTL MAGAZINE  TECH TALKTECH TALK  Portal  Airsofters Chat LIVEAirsofters Chat LIVE  GalleryGallery      PREVIOUS GAMESPREVIOUS GAMES  
NEW GAMES COMING FOR 2016. PM ADMIN FOR GAME INFO AND LOCATIONS. YOU CAN ALSO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FIREZONE TACTICAL
COMING EVENTS
Nov 6
The Wasteland II

May 28
DV8-Memorial Day Game

May 29
Operation Wounded Eagle

June 5-6
End of Days (Ex Pd Game)

Latest topics
» Ghost Legion
OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:04 pm by ninja

» Active Recruiting
OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:04 pm by ninja

» Team Phalanx Airsoft NOW RECRUITING
OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 2:43 pm by ninja

» OPERATION REAPER-WAREHOUSE CQB
OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:40 pm by Steve-o

» MAC 11 RIG SETUP
OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 1:56 pm by admin-AirborneShar

Poll
GUN OF THE MONTH PRIZE
1.Echo1 ScarL by Shwell
OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 7 ]
2.GG DST XL by HoldenV
OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
3.CA C3SG1 by Fireman
OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 7 ]
4.M4 Tactical by Geebs_NRG
 19% [ 7 ]
5.CAM15A3 by Sharky
OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
6.Systema PTWMax by JDizzle
OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 9 ]
7. H&K21 LMG by Slinkey
 6% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 36
PIMP YOUR AEG
Congrats to this month winner,JDizzlle !
get ready for next months prize and category coming soon
 vote  here  for GUN OF THE MONTH or to enter your AEG into the contest. prize will be given to 1st place AEG.
AEG ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 6/5/10
https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/gp_sa_15.jpg
WINNING AEG PRIZE
BRAND NEW S&W C02 M&P 40 LICENSED
WITH ADVANCED BAXS ACCURACY SHOOTING SYSTEM
SPONSORED BY AIRSOFT RELOADED
AND FIREZONE(retail value $75)

Affiliates

https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/32891111.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/masada14.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/th_war10.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f64/14/54/76/48/th/th_scr11.png

Gallery
OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 Empty
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 271 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:10 am
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
LINKS

OK my airsmith noob is showing

Go down 
+4
BOB W. (THOR)
inmediasres
autoxgt
SHWELL
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
inmediasres

inmediasres

PostSubject: Re: OK my airsmith noob is showing   OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 12:23 pm

There's a comma there. Lipos don't kill people. People, lipos kill.
Back to top Go down
Opheria

PostSubject: Re: OK my airsmith noob is showing   OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 5:15 pm

I know that. I was being a smart ass.
Back to top Go down
inmediasres

inmediasres

PostSubject: Re: OK my airsmith noob is showing   OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 5:24 pm

It was more for Shar's benefit then yours.
Back to top Go down
SHWELL
COLONEL-OFFICIAL AIRSMITH
SHWELL

PostSubject: Re: OK my airsmith noob is showing   OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:05 pm

You guys are hifukinglarious....

The 35c Lipo was for testing purposes, and then I switched to a 25c Lipo... The 35c is the one that has caused the most problems so far.... The ICS goes through BB's just fine on my 10.8v batteries and my 9.6v battery.. So I am leaning toward the Lipo being to root of the problem after I got the shimming right.

And FTR, when I decided to go Lipo, I also decided to spend the money to keep the guns running. I saw it as part of my evolution.. I have learned a lot this week alone about airsmithing. I am sure that Lipo ready means extremely good shimming, and something in the wiring to ensure it can handle the current that flows...

I just ordered a 7.4v Lipo... If that can give me the performance I was seeing from my 9.6v 4000mah NIMH then that will be my power source for now on. So i will have all the voltages covered for now on.. 8.4, 9.6, 10.8, 11.1, and 12v.

With gears, Pistons, and Batteries being so inexpensive I am comfy as hell running hi voltages..
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftnoobflorida.freeforums.org/index.php
FA-Chris M
FA-Chris M

PostSubject: Re: OK my airsmith noob is showing   OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:30 pm

I've recently bought a 35C lipo as well (40 burst)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290419732262&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

It really doesn't seem to push out any more power than the 11.1 V 25C with 30 burst rating I already had. I am wondering a little if the seller stretched the truth a bit and 35C is the burst rather than the continuous. Then again, every other seller of this same exact battery claims the same stats so maybe it's a misprint from the original manufacturer...

As for heat I've found that the faster I seem to allow the motor to turn under load (thanks to high speed gears) and as such the more stress more often being put onto the motor (pulling the piston and releasing, pulling it again so fast, 36 times a second to be exact before the motor began to smoke), maybe it's this cycle of high and low amp draw that the motor hates rather than the actual power.

In other words, I wonder if the ROF were dropped thanks to normal gears or a heavier spring or such with the same battery if the motor would be less abused because the "off on, off on" aspect of the amp spikes would be "less" often.

It's interesting for sure. All I know is that I need a new motor too. :-)

On a side note... I'm back to running a 14.8V 20C in the L85. I figured since I usually shoot it in semi with the occasional quick burst (no spraying has ever been done with it) that the battery will not kill the motor for a while. In the meantime, the ROF is well worth having to get a new motor once in a while. :-) At least that's my attitude now... Let's see if that changes after putting it through the paces of a real game and not just shooting out my back door into the pond.

As for the "stats", the gun has a 590 barrel and a full cylinder. The piston is not short stroked and I am running bone stock version 7 gears. The gearbox does have some Kanzen ceramic-steel 7mm bearings but other than that, everything else about the gun is NOT high speed.

It should be known that when people do high speed builds, M4 or shorter length barrels are usually used with an appropriately ported cylinder because the port releases the vacuum in the cylinder and allows for faster piston cycle. The idea of a high speed setup with a 590 barrel and non ported cylinder is in itself quite a feat.

Where things are at now with a slightly burnt G&P M120 motor are 30 rounds a second at 410 FPS. Let is also be known that thanks to a spring I found in the "bag o parts" I got with the M14 from Lero, I can also make the L85 shoot about 505 FPS at what I believe was something like 26-28 a second. I heard the ROF before I saw the FPS and nearly fell over when the two came together.

Don't worry though, I'd never dream of fielding the gun at such power full auto. It's nice to know that said spring will put me right at the DMR level though if I ever decide to toss a pin in there for semi-auto DMR in the future.

So yeah, I'll go 14.8 but only because I've become so addicted to the way it sounds that I have a hard time forgetting. I'll also only do it in that gun because it's "safe"
Back to top Go down
http://ubcs.forumup.org/index.php?mforum=ubcs
PJ-Lero

PJ-Lero

PostSubject: Re: OK my airsmith noob is showing   OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:43 pm

No problem fireman... lol
I actually just bought a ultra high speed gear set (13.1) and a full metal tooth piston and silent piston head with a modify amazing anti reversal latch, m120 motor, m100 spring to make my FN2000 the perfect CQB gun.
It has to shoot more than 27 rps because thats what it did on the STOCK gears... only time will tell.
Everything comes in friday so i will do a quick vid when i get them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/skeeterairsoft
inmediasres

inmediasres

PostSubject: Re: OK my airsmith noob is showing   OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:45 pm

You also bought some shims... right?
Back to top Go down
PJ-Lero

PJ-Lero

PostSubject: Re: OK my airsmith noob is showing   OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:48 pm

and shims and grease. but i already have some shims
Back to top Go down
admin-AirborneShar
GENERAL
GENERAL
admin-AirborneShar

PostSubject: Re: OK my airsmith noob is showing   OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:25 pm

I like the shim job
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/sharsworldofairsoft/
SHWELL
SHWELL

PostSubject: Re: OK my airsmith noob is showing   OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 10:16 am

Update on the Ehco 1 build... Had to put a pause on the build.. Turns out the Gearbox needs to be replaced, the portion for the grip to screw into was stripped in one screw, and the Grip does not keep the motor in place when height is adjusted.. I should have noticed this earlier, but oh well..

Ordered a replacement Gearbox with 8mm bearings... Since this is going to be a high speed setup I figured I would up the anty a bit.

8mm bearing GB
13:1 SHS gearset
Bravo Piston
E-F MOSFET
Madbull TBB (363mm 6.03mm)
Element Bore up kit (for 363 inner barrel)
SCS Nub
Systema Bucking
5KU Hi Speed Motor (Same as G&P M120, so I hear... Testing with this one)
Lipo

This combo of parts should put me in the 35 rps realm, maybe higher, I have never used these Gears b4, so it may be/should be higher ROF.. I reached 35 rps with a similar build using stock ratio gears.
Back to top Go down
inmediasres

inmediasres

PostSubject: Re: OK my airsmith noob is showing   OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 11:30 am

Do you like those Systema buckings? I've only used the Madbull, but I'm interested to know what is out there.
Back to top Go down
SHWELL
SHWELL

PostSubject: Re: OK my airsmith noob is showing   OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 8:44 pm

Yes, they have been great. I have only used them in conjunction with SCS Nubs, but I suspectthey would well with any Nub..
Back to top Go down
PJ-Lero

PJ-Lero

PostSubject: Re: OK my airsmith noob is showing   OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 9:36 pm

my damn full metal tooth, poly carb piston just broke... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
inmediasres

inmediasres

PostSubject: Re: OK my airsmith noob is showing   OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 12:34 am

I saw a crazy aluminum piston with steel teeth that I was very tempted to buy. It looked like a tank of a piston. Your gearbox would melt like when you stare at the ark before that piston would do anything.
Back to top Go down
PJ-Lero

PJ-Lero

PostSubject: Re: OK my airsmith noob is showing   OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 2:14 am

i had one, but it doesnt fit in the m14 gearbox as well in the version 2. so it sorta striped some teeth.
Back to top Go down
inmediasres

inmediasres

PostSubject: Re: OK my airsmith noob is showing   OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:07 pm

Bob might be able to do something with it. He could probably machine the piston a little to make it fit, but not weaken it too much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK my airsmith noob is showing   OK my airsmith noob is showing - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

OK my airsmith noob is showing
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2